- Programmes / Support
- Board / Staff
- Links / Resources
- Photo Gallery
- - Community Education Courses run under SICAP
- - Karen Community Garden
- - Social Enterprise
- - Rural Social Scheme work in Bofeenaun and Lahardane
- - Ballina Education/Training and Supports for Unemployed Expo
- - Kiltimagh Education, Training and Supports for Unemployed Expo, Park Hotel
- - Ballina Eatwise - Cookery Demonstrations
- - Ballina Eatwise - Horticultural Training Growing your own Fruit and Vegetables
- Training & Events
- Contact Us
Welcome to the website of Mayo North East LEADER Partnership Company Teoranta (trading as Mayo North East). This page will provide some background information on Mayo North East Company and area of operation.
Mayo North East was established in June 2008 as an integrated LEADER Partnership company. It manages various Programmes on behalf of various Government Departments and the EU for the collective benefit of the people and communities of North and East Mayo. Mayo North East is a company limited by guarantee not having share capital and with charitable status.
Mayo North East is committed to equaity for staff and all those who avai of our services and programmes. We wll not discriminate across the nine grounds, namely, gender, age, race, religion, civil status, family status, disability, sexual orientation and membership of the Traveller Community. Mayo North East seeks to create a culture that is respectful, non-judgemental, fair, open and transparent. A copy of our policy is available on request.
The The core purpose of Mayo North East is to promote rural development and tackle social exclusion.
The Company does this by securing, managing and administering the following Development Programmes:
- Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP): Mayo North East provides a range of supports for Jobseekers, small businesses and community groups. This includes information provision, education and training opportunities and development supports for community groups.
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA)
- Mayo Job Club
- Mayo Local Employment Service (LES)
- Mayo Job Initiative
- North Mayo Community Employment (CE) Scheme
- Rural Social Scheme (RSS)
- Tús—Community Work Placement Initiative
- Rural Development Programme
Sources of Funds:
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2015-2017 is funded by the Irish Government and co-funded by the European Social Fund and includes a special allocation under the Youth Employment Initiative
Some of Mayo North East funds are sourced via Pobal (an independent company that manages funds for various Government Departments i.e. Dept of Environment Community and Local Government, Dept of Education and Skills, Dept of Transport, etc. and EU monies) while some monies are drawn down directly from Government Departments and the EU (e.g. The Rural Development Programme). The Company also has contracts with FÁS for the management of the Local Employment Services across County Mayo as well as other programmes (Community Employment Scheme, Jobs Initiative, Job Club and Local Training Initiative).
Our work is conducted in partnership with other agencies and organisations, as there is realisation that in working together, we can achieve far more than working individually.